Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM

Default Algae on plants and have no idea what it is.

The Genus is Comsopogon and it's a FW red algae.
It's coenocytic alga(Multinucliated) that's tube like.
Rather tough stuff to get rid of as Richard mentions.
It appears easily when I've added sources of NH4 or add a higher fish
load than the plants can absorb, again adding too much NH4 for the
system leading again to algae.

Namely trimming off , manually removing the algae followed by a normal
50% weekly water change and correcting the conditions(nutrient levels)
is the main way I deal with any algae issue.

Regards,
Tom Barr