Old 04-07-2010, 11:46 AM posted to austin.gardening
Bob-tx Bob-tx is offline

Default Question on trimming Live Oaks

A couple years ago, I asked on here, "when is the right time to trim
Live Oaks to reduce exposure to Oak wilt". The answer was in
January and February when it is cold. Seems to me I have read that
since then as well.

We got a business promotion magazine this week, and an arborist had
an ad that said July is the time to trim Live Oaks.

Now I'm confused about what really is the best time.

Any pros or people in the know? Sure would appreciate some guidance
on this.

Bob-tx