Old 04-07-2010, 03:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Calliandra Flower-0818

"joevan" wrote
Nice. As little ones we had mimosa trees in our yard. I never had such
a clear picture of what the blooms were like. I wonder if it is the
same by another name. Prolly not but it reminds me of such.

It's this plant... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calliandra
which is not what you know as Mimosa.

Most of the world calls Acacia (dealbata) with small yellow flowers Mimosa,
but in the US I understand they call Albizia (julibrissin) Mimosa and this
photo looks just like Albizia flowers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acacia_dealbata

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albizia_julibrissin

Confused? Nothing unusual for me. :-)

Actually a good example of why Latin names are important.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden