Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Chuck Gadd

Default Leaves lighter green and developing a hole (Anubias, Swords)

On Wed, 06 Nov 2002 05:25:17 GMT, "kush" wrote:

I would REALLY prefer not to have to admit that I've ever had a nitrate
problem that bad, but I promise you that you can burn holes in anubias.

Well, I've got (or at least had) nitrates around 40-50ppm, and the
anubias didn't show any sign of problems.

In any research I've done regarding nutrient deficiency and toxicity,
I've never found anything that suggested that high nitrates cause
necrosis. Ammonia toxicity may cause necrosis, but I'd expect it
would cause bigger more obvious problems with any fish in the tank.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua