Old 04-07-2010, 05:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Calliandra Flower-0818

"joevan" wrote ...

Very true and those are some great examples of beauty. Sometimes the
wike pages don't have such good pictures. Thanks for the links. I
still think of the trees we had in Virginia in the 40's and through
the 60's.

Are they not there now or have you moved? If so would they not grow where
you are now?
I have three potted 2 year old seedlings of Albizia julibrissin in my back
garden (yard) and they come from a tree in France which we know has lived
through winter temperatures down to -13°C and the even more beautiful
variety "rosea" can take much lower temperatures.
Our problem trying to grow it here is not the cold but our winter wet, they
don't seem to be able to cope with winter temperatures that fluctuate
between just below freezing and just above almost daily together with
constant wet roots.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden