Old 04-07-2010, 11:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Invasive weed/grass in my lawn

On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 14:00:56 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

I have the invasive grass/weed shown in the picture in many places in
my lawn. The spots of weeds pop up with no apparent source. They do
no respond to weed killer, and they crowd out regular lawn grass. I
am in the Chicago suburbs. Can anyone tell me what the grayish green
grass/weed is and how to get rid of it?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhofmann/4761771580/

Thanks,

Bob Hofmann

Your weed is lush and green, actually looks much better than your
struggling to live puny grass. If you put more effort into your lawn
you wouldn't have weeds... regular watering and mowing will do
wonders.