Old 05-07-2010, 12:31 AM posted to rec.gardens
Irondale Irondale is offline

Default Invasive weed/grass in my lawn

I have the invasive grass/weed shown in the picture in many
places in
my lawn. The spots of weeds pop up with no apparent
source. They do
no respond to weed killer, and they crowd out regular lawn
grass. I
am in the Chicago suburbs. Can anyone tell me what the
grayish green
grass/weed is and how to get rid of it?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhofmann/4761771580/

Thanks,

Bob Hofmann

Don't know the name of the weed but, am I'm going solo here,
I'd pull as much as possible and then add some round-up on
top
of the weeds root system. By using round-up please
understand
that you will be called names as I will. But a little dab
will do
ya!

Donna
in WA