Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Francisco Caamaño

Default testing the water !!!

I got KH/GH and pH test kit from Hagen, and the readings a

Temp.= 28.6 °C (about 80 °F)
pH =7.6
KH=2.8 dH°
KH (ppm)=50 (the manual says to add as many drop until change color, and
multiply the number of drop by 10)
CO2 = 2.11 (an excel worksheet calculates the amount of CO2)
GH(ppm)=240 (the manual says to add as many drop until change color, and
multiply the number of drop by 20)
GH= 24. fH°

is it normal the GH been so high ???? how can I make it come down ????
I read in the tropica web site about adding sodium bicarbonate Success with
planted Discus aquaria - part 2 I should increase the KH to about 4 to keep
discus, but discus are from soft water and the GH I think is too high will
it increase the GH if I try to increase the KH ??????? , I haven't done
anything because I am not sure because this is a new setup I'm trying.....it
has been 3 days with gravel, water and the filters runing like crazy !!!!
NEW!!!

Thanks