Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Bigs

Default Algae on plants and have no idea what it is.

"Richard J. Sexton (At work)" wrote:

Yup, that's the stuff, it's really awful.

Nice, really nice! I'm happy to see it's awful! I guess I'll learn by my stupid
mistakes.

20:1 water to bleach. 5 - 10 seconds. The plants must be bare
root; you can't bleach them if they're potted.

They are not potted. It's only a 10G tank... but heavily planted.

Be very carful of snails. They can survice this bleach treatment
by withdrawing into their shells ans closing their operularum;

He he he... I don't have snails! Used to have lots until I got my fine
Zebra Loach!

Someone said that I might be lacking Nitrates. I don't think that
would be possible. I have a good load of fish and do water
changes every 2 weeks and clean the gravel also. I haven't tested my
water lately... Maybe I should... But the plants all seem healthy.

Fish:
1 - Dwarf Gouramis
6 - Zebra Danio's
1 - Zebra Loach
1 - Oto

I have NEVER had algae problems (except when cycling my tank) but
now I have that hard crap. My Oto does not eat that either.

Here is my setup... Yes I know, nothing else to do with my cam!

http://members.rogers.com/bigscam/quickcam/fishcam/

Regards,

Marc

PS: Oh yeah! Thanks for the info!