Old 05-07-2010, 09:58 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodglass[_2_] View Post
SDC10812m on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Is it a flower or a weed ?.

How can I get rid of it permanently - it's growing everywhere in my garden
?.

TIA...
In a lawn, basic lawn feedkiller will dooferem. But it's too dry for that just now. It has a tap-root, like a dandelion. I find such things pull out quite easily at the moment. I think pulling them out will probably be as quick as glyphosating them, which has to be done individually, unless you want to kill everything. Then, as with many weeds the trick is to make sure something else is growing there, hence the need to feed as well as weedkill.

In flower beds if you have loadofem, and this is not the first year, you will have a load of past seeds.

Like dandelions, the seeds fly in so you won't be ridofem for ever.