View Single Post
  #45   Report Post  
Old 05-07-2010, 10:07 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosek View Post
The think is that I have called Wessex teak and asked about the Grades and they sold me grade B which was a good deal. Unfortunatelly they delivered grade C so I guess I have the right to complain. If they just tried to resolve the problem I would never need to write here and I believe they would never have so many bad reviews. There are always going to be people angry about them if they have NO customer service.

Just checked out your story...Mr Thurlow aka dinosek.

Apparently wessexteak have tried three times to satisfy you and your wife and have failed. You were given Grade B furniture, and I know this for a fact because I had to collect it from the originating suppliers.

Some people have their own pre-set idea of what they are expecting, they order an Audi estate and are then annoyed when a Bugatti Veyron doesn't turn up.

For what you are expecting it'll cost you around £5000, so really you have to make a choice....do you spend £5000 at least, or do you spend £1400 and apply the finish of your choice.

As an aside note on the issue of grade C teak in general. I personally can take a grade C set and make it into something the mother-in-law would wet her pants over, because I am prepared to put in the effort to make it so.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with grade C teak, only a bunch of asshole grade A suppliers who would rather you spent £5000 with them, and get annoyed when another supplier undercuts them with an item which is simply a bit lighter in colour, but lasts every bit as long.

So let this be an end of the so-called crap grade C argument...Grade A can be just rough as an indonesian back street suppliers grade C...

Like the old argument, its not what you have got...its what you do with it that counts...

so...learn how to treat and prepare teak, or go to Harrods and spend lots of money.

Ray.