Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
R.C. Keely

Default Algae on plants and have no idea what it is.

At work) wrote:

Should I do a 25% bleach solution and dip them in? How long should I
dip them?

20:1 water to bleach. 5 - 10 seconds. The plants must be bare
root; you can't bleach them if they're potted.

Closer to 5 seconds for more sensitive plnts, closer to 10 for
tougher plants. They will die back but they will return.

It's pointless to bleach anything you're going to put right back in the
tank, unless you tear down and bleach your whole setup. The algae that's
now in the tank will simply climb right back onto the bleached plants. Not
to mention the algae sounds like cladophora, and 5-10 seconds won't even
bother it, let alone kill it.

Rebecca
--
Get the lead out to reply by email.