Old 07-07-2010, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Effects of cold winter

On 07/07/2010 13:17, Pam Moore wrote:
How did the cold winter weather affect your plants?
I lost a zantedeschia, and some agapanthus (all in pots).
I have far fewer flowers on agapanthus generally but I have the best
display of lily blooms I've ever had, again, mostly in pots. Do I
assume that lilies like the cold?
I was quite surprised how few plants didn't survive.

I lost a twenty year old ball cactus, it had only started flowering the
last few years. Various other plants. However on the plus side the slug
and snail population seems reduced this year.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.