Old 07-07-2010, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Effects of cold winter

"Pam Moore" wrote
How did the cold winter weather affect your plants?
I lost a zantedeschia, and some agapanthus (all in pots).
I have far fewer flowers on agapanthus generally but I have the best
display of lily blooms I've ever had, again, mostly in pots. Do I
assume that lilies like the cold?
I was quite surprised how few plants didn't survive.

Can't say I've lost anything, even the one I thought I'd lost, Musa
lasiocarpa, is just sprouting (ready to get hit back next winter!).
One plant that has not grown correctly is a decent sized Hibiscus syriacus
"Diana" which burst into life then got hit by a late frost and then just
burst into life again and stopped. It hasn't done anything more so still
looks exactly as it did in late spring, green buds just broken. Very
strange.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden