Old 07-07-2010, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Malcolm is offline

Default Effects of cold winter

Pam Moore wrote:
How did the cold winter weather affect your plants?
I lost a zantedeschia, and some agapanthus (all in pots).
I have far fewer flowers on agapanthus generally but I have the best
display of lily blooms I've ever had, again, mostly in pots. Do I
assume that lilies like the cold?
I was quite surprised how few plants didn't survive.

Pam in Bristol

I don't know about decorstive plants but my fan traineg Victoria plum
set more flower than it has recently (an has a good crop set). My
raspberries and blackberry are producing more new wood than they did
last year. Is it because they had an enforced rest in Dec/Jan and had
time to gather their straenght?

malcolm