Old 08-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Bigboy9i Bigboy9i is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomi View Post
I have seen real grade A teak and fully machine made for as little as £800 so I have no idea where you get £5000 from. It seems to me that you are the one who is getting a bit annoyed as people are getting a bit smarter now and realise it’s well worth spending extra and getting something that will really last a lifetime. I have no idea how you can claim that Grade C is the same as grade A. Grade C is mostly sapwood and contains no natural oils at all. Grade A is made out of the heartwood which is infinitely stronger and contains lots of protective oils which is what teak is famous for. Grade C more often than not tend to sell their teak wet. I.e., in the majority of cases, their teak has not been kiln dried which means your teak will warp and split in a very short time. The information is all out there for those who are interested in learning.
A: I am not annoyed

B: try going to a UK shop and buying a 3.5m grade A stacking set for £800 and hear the mirth