Old 08-07-2010, 09:16 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Charlie Pridham[_2_
;
Your assumtions are correct, its only the named selected forms of fig
that can produce fruit without the pollinator present, some varieties are
only self fertile for the first crop (Brown Turkey I think is one of
these) others will set two crops if the winter is also mild enough.
There is nothing you can do to make a seedling fig bear fruit I am afraid
Ah, so there's no point in rowing one of my Brown Turkeys in the greenhouse to try and get a second crop? Thanks - that's useful to know.

I just wish it would get the crops the right way round, drop the crop which has 30 fruits and set the crop which has 100.