Old 08-07-2010, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Buckley Mike Buckley is offline

Default Tomatoes

In message
,
harry writes
On 7 July, 17:28, diamonds wrote:
What is the routine of removing leaves from Tomatoe Plants, so that
the nourishment goes into the Fruit?
Thanks,
Reg Sweetmore

The leaves provide the sugars and chemical energy for you whole plant
including the fruit. The only reason to remove leaves is if they get
blight on them as often happens at this time of year.

touches wood

First year in new house, first year without any blight and my 7 or so
Tom plants are doing very well considering I shoved them outside in
early May. Looking forward to a great crop.

Never thought to chop off good leaves, just keep em watered and fed.

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2