Old 09-07-2010, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hosepipe Ban

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 01:44:44 +0100, Stan The Man wrote:

I heard an item on the radio about hoepipe bans generally, and

what
you CAN do in spite of a ban. I can't remember them all, but you

CAN
wash the dog or cat,, and even fill up a swimming pool, plus a few
other ridiculous things.

It's easier to list the things you can't do: use a hosepipe/sprinkler
to water a private garden and use a hosepipe to was a private car.

I would be interested to trace that. Do you happen to recall which
station, programme, time and date?

Might be better digging through the legislation rather that relying
on some journo's interpretation of the Water Industry Acts 1991 and
1999, Water Act 2003 and maybe Water Resources Act 1991 (all as
amended)...

What I find on the web is a consultation period in 2007 which was
aimed at making the legislation less of a mess, I can't quickly find
what the outcome of that consultation was and if the legislation was
changed as a result.

--
Cheers
Dave.