Old 09-07-2010, 02:00 PM
19pandy56 19pandy56 is offline
Registered User

Location: Cornwall.
Default compost bin.

I couldn't even think about throwing away vegetable matter, and everything goes in the compost bin.
However, we have rats nesting in it now, and although they don't really bother me, as the bin is way up the garden, and we live very near to a farm, and expect the odd little blighter, our rather posh next door neighbour noticed them whilst sunbathing in her garden the other day, and was mortified!!

She says she's not going to put up with rats, and has told us either to get rid of the compost bin, or she will call the council out to us.

Is there any way of 'spoiling' fruit and veg waste before putting it into the compost bin, so as not to attract rats, but that won't spoil the compost?
I would be very grateful of some help.