Old 09-07-2010, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default Hosepipe Ban

On 2010-07-09 09:35:01 +0100, Roo said:

There is no law which allows them to ban using a hose connected to a water
butt - although I see from United Utilities Twitter page that they have
"requested" someone not to do so.

http://twitter.com/unitedutilities

Some interesting replies from the UU people there - including:

You can still use a mains drawn hosepipe to fill a watering can or a water
butt!

It looks like they are trying to be helpful to gardeners.

True and to the geriatric section !

I have just checked on --

http://www.unitedutilities.com/Hosepipeban.htm

and discovered that disabled and blue badge holders are exempt from the ban.

A fair proportion of the group -- including me (:-)

I will still abide by most of the spirit of the thing, by not watering
lawns flowerbeds etc. as I would urge fellow nackards to do as well.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com