Old 09-07-2010, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Hosepipe Ban

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 08:30:06 +0100, chris French

In message , Stan The Man
writes
On 2010-07-08 14:29:05 +0100, Pam Moore said:

snipped, sorry
I heard an item on the radio about hoepipe bans generally, and what
you CAN do in spite of a ban. I can't remember them all, but you CAN
wash the dog or cat,, and even fill up a swimming pool, plus a few
other ridiculous things.
Pam in Bristol

I would be interested to trace that. Do you happen to recall which
station, programme, time and date?

It sound like the bit that was on R4 a few days ago. 'You and Yours' I
think. Probably on Wednesday.

Ah yes here we are, it's chapter 6 down the bottom of the page.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00swrbr#synopsis

Yes, before I read your post I thought "probably You & Yours".
I've listened to it, and that was the bit I heard.
I think the laws need changing about refilling private swimming pools
and hot tubs, and using a pressure washer on a patio. Ponds might
need refilling to preserve the fish etc.

Pam in Bristol