Old 09-07-2010, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
diamonds diamonds is offline

Default Tomatoes

On 7 July, 22:24, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:
diamonds wrote:
What is the routine of removing leaves from Tomatoe Plants, so that
the nourishment goes into the Fruit?
Thanks,
Reg Sweetmore

Others may differ, but it sounds crazy to me. It's the leaves that make
the sugars. Some experts, /fide/ GQT a week or two ago, restrict
/watering/ to improve fruit, but I think you'd need to be a lot more
expert than the likes of me to get away with it.

--
Mike.

Thanks to you all.
I have noticed when visiting Shows in Holland that nearly all the
leaves have been removed whilst lots of fruit remain to ripen.