Old 09-07-2010, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Hosepipe Ban

"Pete" wrote in message
We are about to have a hosepipe ban throughout the North West. My
immediate reaction was not to worry - we have a 5,000 gallon water tank
filled with rainwater which we hadn't used because the pump system wasn't
working. My other half now says he can get the pump working so we can use
this water via our hosepipes.

However, I have got a vague memory of people not being allowed to use
hosepipes even if they are not connected to the mains water.

Is my memory correct or am I having a senior moment?!!!

Dunno, but as you have 5,000 gallons of rainwater you've collected, I'd use
it with a hosepipe when it's dark..just in case your neighbours split on
you.
But, hey, I'm a rebel ;-)

Tina