Old 10-07-2010, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
moghouse moghouse is offline

Default Runner Beans

On Jul 10, 1:22*pm, Jill Bell wrote:
On 10/07/2010 12:49, ~Brian~ wrote: I seem to be losing an extraordinary amount of flowers from my plants this
year. I would expect some to drop with high winds, but these just seem to be
dropping off for no apparent reason (that I can see).
Has anyone any idea what could be causing this?? appreciate any advice!

Cheers ~Brian~

I've been told it's down to lack of water.

Suggest it may be a lack of bees to pollinate them - that's what I've
put it down to on mine - same thing with the broad beans, very poor
crop.