Old 11-07-2010, 01:09 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Zingiber Officinale Seeds (Ginger)

Bill who putters wrote:
In article e.nl,
"Alex" wrote:

"Billy" schreef in bericht
In article me.nl,
"Alex" wrote:

A strange question.

I know that ginger is usually propagated from rootstock.

However, does Zingiber Officinale (edible ginger) produce
viable seeds? I know they produce flowers, but planting
seeds is never mentioned.

Thanks a lot for the answer,

To the best of my knowledge, it is only grown in the tropics.
--
- Billy

I have access to some land in the tropics. Which is why
I'm asking - growing from seed would be a lot cheaper
than buying rootstock.

Alex

"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is
the merger of state and corporate power." - Benito Mussolini.
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/6/2...al_crime_scene

http://www.nicholsgardennursery.com/store/product-info.php?pid965.html

No seed and sold out.

This is a different plant, Zingiber mioga not Zingiber officinale.

David