Old 11-07-2010, 02:25 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Zingiber Officinale Seeds (Ginger)

Wallace wrote:
"Alex" wrote in message
b.home.nl...
A strange question.

I know that ginger is usually propagated from rootstock.

However, does Zingiber Officinale (edible ginger) produce
viable seeds? I know they produce flowers, but planting
seeds is never mentioned.

Thanks a lot for the answer,

Alex

This link says you can propagate by cuttings, seed, or rhizomes.

http://www.learn2grow.com/plants/zin...d-maintenance/

It does indeed say that. But it only mentions propagation from rhizomes in
passing further down and includes a whole lot of material that seems barely
relevant. This looks to me like the text was copied and pasted and not well
edited. I am not sure I would believe this source.

David