Old 11-07-2010, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Newbie Garlic Questions

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 10:44:24 +0100, Gribela
wrote:

I planted some garlic in October and it is growing beautifully. Now
however it looks inclined to flower. What do I do? Dig it all up? I
pulled one up and it looks good, but what do I do with it now? Can I use
it straight away? Does it have to be dried?

Heather
Scottish Borders

It will be starting to die back by now anyway. many's the time I've
left garlic too long and the tops disappear totally and then the bulbs
are hard to find!
I'd harvest them now. You CAN replant some cloves now, or in October.

Pam in Bristol