Old 12-07-2010, 01:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.legal
Mike Ross Mike Ross is offline

Default Hosepipe Ban

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 23:25:14 +0100, JMS wrote:

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 08:30:45 GMT, pete wrote:

snip
It'll be interesting to see if this ban extends to include irrigation
systems that householders are increasingly installing to do the watering
for them.

From UU webpage:

Please note: blue badge holders and customers who are registered
disabled are exempt from the ban.

http://www.unitedutilities.com/Hosepipeban.htm

That's pretty ****-poor; they provide an alleged 'list of examples' but nowhere
could I find a link to actual the text of the ban itself, so I could check the
small print. If they don't even put it somewhere obvious on their website they
can hardly expect to be able to enforce it!

Mike
--
http://www.corestore.org
'As I walk along these shores