Old 12-07-2010, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Try again: plum tree

"Another John" wrote

A few days ago I posted a question about what to do about our 3-year old
plum tree. No replies that I've seen, so maybe there's no comment to be
made ... but on the off-chance...

Plum tree is 3 years old. About 4 plums last year. NO plums this year
-- but a huge amount of bushy growth in all directions.

Question: should I be pruning it furiously right now, while the bushy
growth is rampant?

[I can't remember what variety it is, but I'd guess that it's a
Victoria, since we're not fruit growers as such, and we'd just have gone
for the bog-standard favourite.]

Try... http://www.articlesbase.com/videos/5min/166434895

--
Regards