Old 12-07-2010, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What a difference some rain makes!

In message ,
writes
In article ,
Charlie Pridham wrote:
In article ,
says...
Hurled it down this morning after weeks of drought.
Now everything in the garden is suddenly looking perky and the water
butt is
nearly full again.
Hopefully the allotment is no longer a dust bowl.

What rain?

We've been promised heavy rain a few times recently, which wasn't
delivered. One day the forecast changed from heavy rain to prolonged
light rain to a short period of light rain, but what arrived was only a
few drops.

The previous rainfall only added about 9" to my water butt, but today we
had several hours of reasonably heavy rain, and I now have a full water
butt.

With luck I don't have to water the strawberries for a few days.

Precisely :-( It missed Cambridge by a few miles, to both sides.

In 2006 there were thunderstorms to the east, thunderstorms to the west,
thunderstorms to the north, and thunderstorms to the south, but pretty
much all of them passed my by.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

--