Old 13-07-2010, 07:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jonathan[_3_] Jonathan[_3_] is offline

Default Runner Beans

On Jul 12, 9:24*am, "~Brian~" wrote:
~Brian~ wrote:
I seem to be losing an extraordinary amount of flowers from my plants
this year. I would expect some to drop with high winds, but these
just seem to be dropping off for no apparent reason (that I can see).
Has anyone any idea what could be causing this?? appreciate any
advice!
Cheers ~Brian~

Thanks for all your answers and advice, I will try everything suggested!
except the bees of course, only MN can do that. ;-)

I have been using a sprinkler system in my veg patch for years and we
always have a good crop of French and broad beans (don't like
runners). It is interesting to hear that this may have helped
germination. Mind you there is no apparent shortage of bees around us
in south Warwickshire.

Jonathan