Old 13-07-2010, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Irondale Irondale is offline

Default MOLES

I just read an article that garlic will do the trick. Find
the
mole's holes and stick garlic into all that you find. I
can't say
exactly how this works but according to the article, it does
the trick.

Donna
in WA

I have a mole invasion in my veggie garden... bought four
Solar Sonic
Spikes at Lowes... anyone have any experience with these:
http://www.wrsweeney.com/mole_gopher...t=solar_spikes

I've got 4 of them too. Three resting in the garage for
the last few
years. They may provide some deterrence but here in sandy
loam I guess
a four or five square area is protected. Moles/voles
hurt my hosta's
under the snows last winter. I like to hear the whine of
motor come on
as it makes me feel good but I may be fooling myself.
Got two cats, milky spore and Bonide MOLEMAX main
ingredient castor
oil. Castor oil plants add a tropical touch and I may
grow them again.
Also have a spurge plant that is said to deter the
suckers. One cat by
the way is a stray that I feed each morning but won't come
near me but
it is a mousier.

http://www.ppws.vt.edu/scott/weed_id/ephla.htm

Self seeds slowly and be sure avoid the sap as it is
similar to Rue.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?