Old 14-07-2010, 11:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default cucumber problems - help please

Graham Gilbert said:

We have exactly the same problem As ZAF in the interior of British
olumbia - blooms, then fruit, then they turn yellow and do not develop.
However a couple of cukes have developed on a couple of the plants - does
this eliminate the pollination problem as a cause?

No, I think that inadequate pollination would still be a prime suspect.

Either most of the blossoms are not being properly pollinated or the
cucumber vines are aborting the fruit because they are under stress
(examples: disease, lack of some particular nutrient, too much shade).

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

nutrients..." --Largo Potter, Valkyria Chronicles

email valid but not regularly monitored