Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Da' Fishboy

Default High Phosphorus?

I found that flying foxes do excellent job of algae control. They aren't as
attractive as the ottos but they kick button algae control.

Earl

"Timkatt" wrote in message
My tank had very high PO4 and the algae that was being caused by it was
starting to kill my plants. LFS recommended Seachem's Phosguard, it did a
great job at removing the phosphate and now the algae getting to a
manageable level for the cleaning crew (1 Clown Pl*co and 3 Otto's) . I
don't know if its the answer for you but I hope it helps.

Timkatt

"Jim Miller" wrote in message
I've been told that our water supply is high in phosphorus making tanks
algae prone. Is there anything other than RO changes that can reduce the
phosphorus?

tnx
jtm

--