Old 15-07-2010, 08:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Beginner

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010, Periproct wrote:

Herbs come mainly from the Med area so want sun, good drainage and
not much fertilizer, I would not use any especially as the ground has
been fallow for some time.

This doesn't sound promising. My little selection of herbs are thriving
in the conservatory but I haven't enough shelf space for them to stay
there much longer.

Don't be put off. There are plenty of herbs which don't need a
mediterranean climate. It's spices which are more difficult. You'll have
no problem with mint, chives, rosemary, bay, etc.

David

--
David Rance
writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France