Old 15-07-2010, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Flower Show

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:

Just remember, local flower and produce shows are deadly serious,
don't be fooled by anyone who trills that it's all good fun, that's a
dirty trick trying to lull you into a false sense of security. This is
war.

In my village, peace broke out a few years ago, and the show is no
more - though it was pretty desultory. I was a bit cheesed off when
my borlotti beans were excluded as 'out of category' for French beans,
and the prize went to someone who had submitted runners!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.