Old 15-07-2010, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Birds

On 15 July, 12:22, "dido22" wrote:
Hello,

I have a cherry tree in the garden which fruited this year for the 1st time
(it's only a few years old). The cherries were fabulous. Unfortunately the
local birds agreed, and stripped the tree bare. Other than throwing a net
over the tree, any ideas for next year ?

KK

I live in a cherry growing area. All the commercial cherry trees round
here are in cages to keep the birds off. Your only other chance is
bird scarers. You need to have selection of devices and keep changing
them. They get used to ant device after a few days.