Old 15-07-2010, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Birds

"dido22" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a cherry tree in the garden which fruited this year for the 1st
time (it's only a few years old). The cherries were fabulous.
Unfortunately the local birds agreed, and stripped the tree bare. Other
than throwing a net over the tree, any ideas for next year ?

I have the same problem. The birds take almost all my cherries just before
they are ripe.
I cannot suggest anything other than to net your tree, if it's still small
enough to do so.
It's not an option for me, my cherry tree is enormous, maybe 50-60ft,
planted way back when by previous inhabitants. It's really frustrating to
see such a big tree full of fruit and know I'm not likely to get any.

Tina