Old 17-07-2010, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default kale? was: delaway cut and come again cabbage?

On 16/07/2010 23:25, gardenlen wrote:
ok team,

appears growth not like a normal heading cabbage, but more like kale,
imagine the cut and come again means pick leaves for cooking and new
leaves grow, growing new heads be a little like brussell sprouts hey
chuckle?

see link provided by another poster on another forum:

http://www.seedambassadors.org/Mainp...rbrassicas.htm

Curly kale is nice, it makes a good Winter green, I've also got some
growing now and take a leaf or two from each plant rather than pull up
any one plant. Cut and come again works for lots of veg such as lettuce
too. I think curly kale may be more of an acquired taste though - it's a
bit stronger flavour than most other cabbages. Nice steamed or in stir
fries.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.