Old 17-07-2010, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default OT chicken courses

In article
,
harry writes
Hah you will lose lots of money. BTW, are you prepared to kill your
chickens at 18 months old when they become uneconomic (ie lay few
eggs)?

Possibly not, but learned through genealogy that my great grandmother
(all 4 foot 3 of her) was a chicken neck wringer by trade in Fishguard!

Do you really lose lots of money? i would have liked to rehome some
battery hens and run a few rare breeds alongside if possible.

will probably have to be thinking of moving in the next 2 or 3 years and
if i knew about hens etc. I could look for somewhere that would enable
me to do so.

Anyway the courses would be a new challenge - trying to take up new
things and already got Bridge, Dowsing and possibly Indesign lined up

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph