Old 17-07-2010, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_2_] David WE Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default How do you folks support your small plants while they're growing?

"Mentalguy2k8" wrote in message
newsqK%n.118548$U%7.57889@hurricane...

snip
Thanks to everyone for your help.

I'm confident it's not a lack of sunlight because the first ones (and
current) were in direct sun from about 11am to sunset. But they were the
"bring them home from school in a pot of dirt" type thing, so possibly
they were from a bag of hamster food and/or the compost not great. Don't
know if it's the damping-off disease, I've got some "stock" and sweetpea
that seem to have done very well from seeds under the same circumstances.

snip

Just to check - are these indoors or outside?
If they are outside that sounds plenty of sun.
If they are indoors then they almost certainly won't be getting enough light
and should really go outside as soon as possible, especially this late in
the year.
Most plants grown from seeds indoors (and which are not house plants) get
very leggy unless they are in a conservatory.

HTH

Dave R

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder