Old 17-07-2010, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default OT chicken courses

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article
3, Tom
writes
Suitable starting points are
http://www.allaboutchickens.tk
and the "backyoard chickens" forum (see the links section)

OK thanks Tom. Isn't the forum American orientated? Would that
matter?

No problem, just stick to Rhode Island Reds :-)

Seriously though we kept hens for several years and never felt
the need to take a course. Occasional reference to a library book
in the early days and internet later on was all we needed. We
incubated chicks and ate the resulting cockerels as well as
keeping ourselves in fresh eggs. We kept the start up cost to the
very minimum by building our own coop and making a run using
second hand wire mesh.

Mike