Old 17-07-2010, 11:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Endulini Endulini is offline

Default Getting rid of Leylandii

Hi,

I'm purchasing a house with 5 or 6 reasonable sized (I'd guess around 20
feet tall) leylandi trees at the back and not being a big fan I am quite
keen to get rid of them. How problematic is this likely to be and what sort
of ballpark damage to the the wallet is this likely to cause (I'm in the
East Midlands if it helps)? Any tips or advice for getting them out?

Whilst I really don't like the look of them nor like the excessive shading
they give to the garden I do appreciate the extra privacy they give. Any
suggestions as to what I could replace them with that would grow reasonably
tall without a massive spread? I thought maybe some bamboo or is that
totally potty?

Thanks for any advice.