Old 18-07-2010, 07:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Composting question.

On 18 July, 06:52, "Mike" wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for some bulk material for a compost heap at work.
We have plenty of grass clippings and some prunings from the garden, but the
compost lacks body as we dont really have an option of leaf collection. I
wondered wether to contact local farmers for broken bales of hay/stray to
top up compost , does this sound like a good idea? any suggestions for out
sourcing materials would be welcome, we can collect. Andover area Hampshire.
Mike

Farmers don't give nuthin' away.
Go to your local horsey place. They will have piles of shit and straw.
They will just love it if you take it away. The problem will be
shifting it.
Look up "livery stables" in the yellow pages i/net .