Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Anthony Ragan

Default Removing plants from substrate with an UGF

mallfry (E. Mito) screamed into the Void:

Any suggestions on how to safely remove the roots from the plate? I want to
take the UGF out but I don't want to damage my plants.

I did this years ago and basically just trimmed the roots with
scissors as close to the plate as possible -- unless you're removing
the UFG, in which case I'd trim from the underside. The plants did
fine, though I may just have been lucky. To help ease them through the
shock, you might want to give them a dose of aquatic plant fertilizer
after replanting.
*****
--Anthony Ragan
Snotling in Chief, Staadtholder van Marienburg
(primary) & (secondary)
The 21st Century and the Third Millennium begin on January 1st,
2001. (And not a moment sooner!)