Old 18-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Pennyconny Pennyconny is offline
Registered User

Default White fungus coming from rotten wood

Hi All,
Our decorative wooden fence made of posts driven into the soil has rotted. We are digging it out (or my husband is!) while I type. There are tons of very white root-like strands running into the roots of shrubs and threading their way everywhere. I assume it is a fungus of some sort but is it dangerous? Do we have to get it out of everything? Is the soil contaminated?
Or maybe the plants can live with it once the rotten wood has been taken away. Hope so!
In hope of enlightenment,
Penny
PS. Research says it might be called 'Mine Fungus'
Attached Thumbnails
White fungus coming from rotten wood-mine-fungus.jpg