Old 18-07-2010, 08:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Pasilla Negros and sunscald in Denver - Hows the weather in Mexico?

In article
,
semi-ambivalent wrote:

I am growing a lot of Pasilla Negros in Denver this year and have
begun seeing sunscald on some of the pods. The plants do not have a
heavy canopy compared to the NuMex 6-4s and Anaheims I commonly grow,
and I'm thinking the sun here at 5000+ feet might be too intense for
this variety. Thinking of using some shade cloth over them. My theory
is that, while Mexico has the rain and warmth, it might also have more
cloudy days or perhaps, being lower in elevation, a hazier sunlight.
Does anyone here have experience with Pasillas vs. a more "common"
chile type?

thanks,

sa

There is also lurking in the background. We have good years and we
have bad years . This year is kind of unique .

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?