Old 18-07-2010, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stan The Man Stan The Man is offline

Default Hozelock 2in1

On 2010-07-18 13:11:51 +0100, Geoff Lane said:

I am interested in the Hozelock 2in1 reel available from around £30 upwards.

I'm looking at the specs but am wondering how the reel is connected to
the tap. Or do I need an extra piece of hose to connect the device to
the tap.

Yes, any hose storage system needs a feeder hose to connect it to the
water supply. Cut a piece from an old hose or, if you can spare it,
from the hose which came with the reel.

Worth giving a bit of though to as people instinctively tend to choose
too short a feeder hose, thereby limting range and flexibility. My tap
is a long way away from where I need the water and one of my hose carts
which I use exclusively on a distant veg plot has a 30 metre feeder
hose which I have lightly buried.