Old 19-07-2010, 08:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Okra

In article , wrote:
Anyone any experience of growing okra? I planted it kind of at random, as
it was lying around and I'd never grown it before. Never tasted it either,
actually.

I was weaned onto it :-)

I currently have 2 plants (I think I sold some at the summer fete) in the
greenhouse, still in quite small pots - both about 6" tall atm, but one has
a bud that may be a flower but looking again today looks more like it may be
a new leaf bud.

So ... what shall I do with them now?

Treat them much like tomatoes, and pick the pods young - IF you get
any! I have never succeeded here, though have tried a few times.
They have a fairly attractive yellow flower.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.